Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet Connection Failing

Josh30for30
Tutor

Internet Connection Failing

my router is the AC1750 Smart Wifi Router. Model number R6350. 3 days ago this router was working perfectly fine. I've had it for about 2 years now. I usually use this router for gaming and streaming movies. I also have it connected to a couple smartphones and my AT&T modem so it runs pretty smooth. just yesterday I wasn't able to connect to the internet on my gaming system. so I tried to reboot it and restart my game and nothing worked. I then tried to connect the wifi router to the computer to try to establish an internet connection and that didn't work either. I thought I would have to get another router but im all out of options. what should I do? thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Internet Connection Failing

@Josh30for30 wrote:
So im guessing the AT&T modem is just used for Wifi around the house. I have cable too. I used to have the netgear router plugged into the AT&T modem but that was a while ago until i moved it and started using the router wirelessly. The led’s are blinking constantly green. The only one that stays solid green is the one that allows me to connect to it from a smartphone or the computer but i cant use it because the internet connection isn’t there. Im not able to tell which firmware its on since i cant bring up the gui from a browser. Though i also thought that updating the firmware would solve the problem. Also, Yes. If i directly connect to the att modem it works normally. Internet connection and all. I’m guessing it’s just the router being old or something but again i just don’t know what’s going on with it. I never personalized anything either. Everything is default configurations.

so the att modem has wireless? (still didn't give a model) So I'm guessing its a combo device? 

That would mean you're in a double nat which can cause issues.

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

You're description of the led's didn't tell me a whole lot. 

The router isn't that old. it was manufactured in 2018. 

Here's what i'd do.

Start over. Factory reset the device. When its fully powered up, push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds. the lights should change.

when the router fully reboots, log into it to do your install. Put the router in AP mode since you're running an att combo device. 

try this setup. 

The support site has install videos and install guides. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What att modem is it? Att isn't known for having devices that work well with others.

What firmware is on your router?

What are the led's on the router doing? All of them, color/blinking/etc. 

Are you able to access the router gui from a browser? 

If you directly connect to your att modem, does internet work? 

Here's the support site with firmware, manuals, install guides, etc. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R6350.aspx

Message 2 of 5
Josh30for30
Tutor

So im guessing the AT&T modem is just used for Wifi around the house. I have cable too. I used to have the netgear router plugged into the AT&T modem but that was a while ago until i moved it and started using the router wirelessly. The led’s are blinking constantly green. The only one that stays solid green is the one that allows me to connect to it from a smartphone or the computer but i cant use it because the internet connection isn’t there. Im not able to tell which firmware its on since i cant bring up the gui from a browser. Though i also thought that updating the firmware would solve the problem. Also, Yes. If i directly connect to the att modem it works normally. Internet connection and all. I’m guessing it’s just the router being old or something but again i just don’t know what’s going on with it. I never personalized anything either. Everything is default configurations.
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

@Josh30for30 wrote:

so the att modem has wireless? (still didn't give a model) So I'm guessing its a combo device? 

That would mean you're in a double nat which can cause issues.

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

You're description of the led's didn't tell me a whole lot. 

The router isn't that old. it was manufactured in 2018. 

Here's what i'd do.

Start over. Factory reset the device. When its fully powered up, push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds. the lights should change.

when the router fully reboots, log into it to do your install. Put the router in AP mode since you're running an att combo device. 

try this setup. 

The support site has install videos and install guides. 

Message 4 of 5
Josh30for30
Tutor

So it seems that all i had to do was reset the modem. Thanks alot for helping me out. I dont know too much about the att modem. All i know is the wifi part so I’ll call them tomorrow morning to get it in bridge mode. Thanks again!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7