Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet LED

rags1
Aspirant

Internet LED

Router LED blinking amber. Wireless is  dropping throughout house even on computer in same room as router. Hooking modem to router by ethernet gives excellent download speed but doing the same from the router will not connect. have restarted both modem and router following recommended instructions. Have reset router to factory default. No changes. Received notice of firmware update but trying to do it throught routerlogin, it responds that there is no update. Firmware Version is
V1.4.1.50_1.3.10.  Router is 8 months old.

Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
wcalifas
Prodigy

Re: Internet LED

Your model is R7960p correct? cause I don't see a R7960 in the support page. I do see a firmware update on the page for a R7960p https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7960P.aspx#download   You can manually download the firmware and apply it on your router by doing it hardwired.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
rags1
Aspirant

Correction. Hooking modem to computer through ethernet gives high download speed but adding the router between modem and computer, it will not connect. Wirelessly the LED blinking amber.

Message 2 of 5
wcalifas
Prodigy

Can you tell us what model number of router you have? Also which LED is blinking on your router?

Message 3 of 5
rags1
Aspirant

R7960 Nighthawk X6S AC 3600. It keeps erasing it from the model # space.It is the internet LED.

Message 4 of 5
wcalifas
Prodigy

Your model is R7960p correct? cause I don't see a R7960 in the support page. I do see a firmware update on the page for a R7960p https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7960P.aspx#download   You can manually download the firmware and apply it on your router by doing it hardwired.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7