Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet connection failure?

JTG123
Tutor

Internet connection failure?

I just bought this modem. I powered it up, connected it to the coax internet cable, and waited for the world light to show up. Instead, it's been sitting at a downstream blinking light for an hour with no other lights on. Help!
Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Internet connection failure?

when you log into the modem, you can click the internet icon and it'll take you to the cable connections page. 

the event log is under the advanced tab

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10

All Replies
Kitsap
Master

There is a full section specifically for cable modems.  Here is the link: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers .

To start, you have to activate your new modem with your internet service provider.  Go to the top of this page in the section Downloads, put in your model number and download the installation guide.  The specific configuration outlined is necessary to activate your new modem.  Specifically, your computer has to be connected directly to the modem with an ethernet cable.  After activation you can reconfigure your LAN with a router and other devices.

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 2 of 10
plemans
Guru

did you contact your isp and have them provision your router? 

Some isp's let you do it through an app but it has to be provisioned to connect. 

Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

sorry, mean provision the modem, not router.
Message 4 of 10
JTG123
Tutor

Yes. I called comcast and they switched it over, but even after it was provisioned nothing changed on my netgear modem. I know the coax cable works, as it had been working with comcast up until the moment I unplugged it from their router/modem.
Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

Do you have a screen snip of the cable connections page and event logs?

Message 6 of 10
JTG123
Tutor

I'll be honest I'm not sure what that is. I could send a picture of my network and connections setting mon my computer showing no connection of that's what you mean.
Message 7 of 10
plemans
Guru

when you log into the modem, you can click the internet icon and it'll take you to the cable connections page. 

the event log is under the advanced tab

Message 8 of 10
JTG123
Tutor

Sorry didn't meant to "mark that as solution". How would I log into my modem?

I am very sorry I am not very tech savvy.
Message 9 of 10
plemans
Guru

plug a pc/laptop into the modem and navigate to 192.168.100.1

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements