Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet connection issues

xTEKNIKLx
Aspirant

Internet connection issues

My router and internet has worked perfectly for 2 years.
This morning I received an email from Netgear that you were doing maintenance in cloud services and I would not be able to access my devices between 11:28am to 12:28am GMT.

It is now the end of the day and I am unable to access the internet at home.

ISP says my modem is receiving the signal but my router is not putting out a signal.

Please help. This started at the start of your maintenance today.
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
xTEKNIKLx
Aspirant

Re: Internet connection issues

Still don't know what the issue is/was but after several hours of repeated reboots and repeated failed factory resets, both of which resulted in no internet connection, a final factory reset worked.

Issue resolved somehow.

Hopefully doesn't return.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
xTEKNIKLx
Aspirant

My router also no longer appears on the Netgear Genie app since this morning's maintenance.
Message 2 of 5
xTEKNIKLx
Aspirant

Still don't know what the issue is/was but after several hours of repeated reboots and repeated failed factory resets, both of which resulted in no internet connection, a final factory reset worked.

Issue resolved somehow.

Hopefully doesn't return.
Message 3 of 5

the TReadyShare

This morning I received an email from Netgear that you were doing maintenance in cloud services and I would not be able to access my devices between 11:28am to 12:28am GMT.

Netgear does not run any cloud services that can affect your Internet connection with an R8000.

Netgear's cloud does stuff like Arlo cameras and the ReadyShare cloud. Neither of which will get in the way of the internet.

Message 4 of 5
xTEKNIKLx
Aspirant

All I know is the MOMENT maintenance started, my router no longer connected to the internet.

It has readyshare built-in.

But bottom line, maintenance started and internet stopped.

Fixed by 30 reboots and 30 factory reset attempts. Last factory reset stuck.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7