Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet cuts out on R7500

Benj1
Tutor

Internet cuts out on R7500

Hello,
Since the 5th of May we at home have been experiencing connectivity issues. One second the internet works and the next second the internet dies. If you are connected to etc. YouTube and watch a video, you will be able to watch the whole video, but if you refresh the page the connection is also gone (WiFi and wired).
I tried turning off both the Nighthawk and the modem from the ISP for five minutes, this I did yesterday.
Today the issue came back, but it seems to happen in surges, but now it is a permanent issue.
I've tried connecting to routerlogin.net and routerlogin.com. This was an attempt at finding out what the issue could be, but I just get the error "No internet connection".
I'm on a rock bottom in regards what to do, I'm into IT, but routing is not my strongest side. (Did see that there is a new firmware update but I obviously can't install it)

Best regards
-Benjamin
Model: R7500|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Benj1
Tutor

Re: Internet cuts out on R7500

I had a theory that one of the phones on the wireless were causing the issue. And it would seem that the theory was right - Yes. It is seems like it works now. I'll be looking out for the issue though, and think I'd like to keep the thread open for today, if plausible.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

1. what firmware are you on?

2. What modem are you using from the isp? 

3. You can manually download and install firmware. once downloaded, extract it, and then follow the manual install process from the guide. 

4. If you still have issues, a good step is also factory resetting and re-installing. 

5. If both wired and wireless are dying, have you tried directly connecting to the modem to see if the issue is coming from the modem?

Message 2 of 5
Benj1
Tutor

1)
It seems as if the router updated itself(?) to the newest version (1.0.0.130)
2)
The ISP modem is an Icotera box, not quite sure which one.
5)
The connection I personally use is directly from the Netgear box.

I have managed to acces the Router GUI now though.
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

so its working fine now?
Message 4 of 5
Benj1
Tutor

I had a theory that one of the phones on the wireless were causing the issue. And it would seem that the theory was right - Yes. It is seems like it works now. I'll be looking out for the issue though, and think I'd like to keep the thread open for today, if plausible.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7