Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet dropping R7800

treaddie
Aspirant

Internet dropping R7800

Hi, 

I am a real nubie at this so please bare with me.

I have the the R7800 connected to my Virgin Media Super Hub3 which I have set to modem mode. For the past 2 months or so I have found that I lose the internet completeley for short periods of time both on wired & wireless connections. My firmware is Voxel's  V1.0.2.80.5SF. I have read a few threads on here where people have similar issues. The Super Hub 3 shows a lot of connection errors, from time to time my monitor on "think broadband" shows a lot of red spikes. I have been advised to go back to a firmware revision that works but like I said I am a complete newbie where networks are concerned, any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Best regards

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Internet dropping R7800

If you're using 3rd party firmware (voxel's, which is good), you'd need to be posting on that forum for help. 3rd party firmware isn't supported on the official forums. 

Message 2 of 7
Kitsap
Master

You are going to get more of a response over on the Small Net Builders Forums here:  https://www.snbforums.com/forums/netgear-ac-wireless.53/ .

The first recommendation is to update to the most recent Voxell firmware (v. 1.0.2.82.1SF) then do a firmware default reset.  This needs to be followed by a from scratch router configuration.  Do not import a configuration file created under a different firmware version.

A couple of tips will be to update the firmware only via ethernet cable connected directly to the router and make sure you disconnect all other cables and remove USB devices prior.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 3 of 7
treaddie
Aspirant

Thankl you, much appreciated, will do..

Message 4 of 7
treaddie
Aspirant

Thanks, will try that...

Message 5 of 7
Kitsap
Master

There is also a good chance you have bad co-ax connections or bad/damaged co-ax cable between your modem/hub and the ISP.

Message 6 of 7
treaddie
Aspirant

I have tried the the Super Hub3 by itself with it's default settings both wired & wireless and it worked fine, it was a process of illimination and I'm afraid the R7800 lost, it definately slows my internet down & drops conections at various times.

Best regards...

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7