Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet drops from Samsung TVs with Nighthawk R7000

VA13
Aspirant

Internet drops from Samsung TVs with Nighthawk R7000

Hi,

I have 3 Samsung TVs and Nighthawk R7000 router. All Samsung TVs are connected via Ethernet cable. I have noticed that internet drops off randomly from all 3 TVs. All the rest of the devices on wifi or connected via ethernet work fine though and this issue is limited to Samsung TVs only. To be able to connect TVs again I have to restart my router. I have tried connecting another router from ISP for a month and since doing that this issue has been resolved however i prefer to use Nighthawk router instead.I have read few discussions and heard people recommending entering Static IP address or DNS number on TV but I'm not sure what IP address I should enter. Any help will be appreciated.Thanks

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: Internet drops from Samsung TVs with Nighthawk R7000

1. what modem/gateway is the router connected to? 

2. what actual firmware is on the router? 

Message 2 of 10
VA13
Aspirant

Hi Plemans,

The default gateway is 192.168.1.1 and I upgraded the firm last week to V1.0.11.123_10.2.100.

Thanks

Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

the gateway is what modem/ont/etc that the router connects to for its signal. 

After the firmware upgrade, did you try a factory reset?

Message 4 of 10
VA13
Aspirant

I didn't do a factory reset after updating the firmware but I did it after your message and was observing it for couple of days.Unfortunately, it didn't help.I also tried reserving static IP address for all 3 TVs and entered them on each TV but in vain. Any more suggestions?

Message 5 of 10

Any chance of an answer to the question from @plemans about the modem/gateway that connects your router to the Internet? It could be important.

Connecting a TV to the network is usually best done through the TV's controls and set up routine. The router rarely does much more than spit out the wifi signal, Ethernet in your case. It is then down to the TV to do its thing.

Samsung devices can be a pig to work with.

Message 6 of 10
VA13
Aspirant

Hi Michael,

I have NBN connection and the modem is provided as part of the built house. I'm not sure of the model of the modem but its the common one provided in all new houses in Australia by NBN company. I have attached the photo of the modem. This modem is located in the garage and i have ethernet data point in the living room and the TVs are connected via ethernet cable in individual rooms from ethernet data points. I hope this is what you guys are asking for.

Thank

thumbnail_IMG_7106.jpg

Message 7 of 10
VA13
Aspirant

thumbnail_IMG_7106-2.jpg

Message 8 of 10
VA13
Aspirant

Message 9 of 10

@VA13 wrote:

I have NBN connection and the modem is provided as part of the built house.

Ah. NBN. Sadly, all that means is "Oz Internet". It comes almost as many flavours as you can get from Ben & Jerry's. Likewise modems.

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

@VA13 wrote:...its the common one provided in all new houses in Australia by NBN company.

If only that were true. Life would then be much simpler.

We will have to wait for a Netgear moderator to approve your embedded pictures. The attached image doesn't show how many LAN ports are on the modem. If it is more than one, then it could be a modem/router. That can land you in complicated territory.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7