Re: Internet not Connected

Peter_the_Hat
Aspirant

Internet not Connected

Both my R7000 and R8000 both in AP mode  say Internet Not Connected.

This is not correct as any device connected to either has internet connection and both Nighthawks can check for new firmware and download if available.

They have always done this . Anyone know why ? is there a fix - it is quite annoying.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Known bug (poor implementation).

Message 2 of 5
myersw
Master

@Peter_the_Hat wrote:

Both my R7000 and R8000 both in AP mode  say Internet Not Connected.

This is not correct as any device connected to either has internet connection and both Nighthawks can check for new firmware and download if available.

They have always done this . Anyone know why ? is there a fix - it is quite annoying.

When in AP mode the Internet indicator will not light as it is used for the r8000 being used as a router with the Internet from the modem to the WAN port on the router being used in router mode. This, in my opinion, is normal as the AP router is not connected to the Internet as such, but instead connected to a device that is connected to the Internet. This is how my r8000 is working as I write this and has been for several weeks. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Almost convinced it's a) poor design, b) poor testing, and c) inability to fix design and implementation bugs in time.

The WAC510 had the exact same issue, nagged long enough during Beta, and (since market release) both the WAC510 and the WAC505 have the issue fixed. Figure.

Grave diggers at work - actively destroying the Netgear brand name reputation. Ridiculous.

Message 4 of 5
myersw
Master

Did kudo because what you said was true not fix. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements