Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Internet "pauses" when using browser

proberts
Guide

Internet "pauses" when using browser

When using a browser on a WiFi connected desktop connected to a Nighthawk R8500 the first webpage will immediately say the page can't be reached, and then within a couple seconds the page will automatically refresh and display the web page I was trying to access.  This happens with both Chrome and Edge.  It doesn't appear to do it everytime, but it has started doing it nearly everytime I open a new browser session and go to a new website.

When I opened routerlogin.net everything appears to be good, and it says Internet status is good.  I am getting the IP address and DNS address from the ISP.  Other IoT devices appear to be working properly, or as normal as they usually have. Speedtest shows speed to be normal.  All the Advanced Settings have green check mark except the guest networks which I have turned off. 

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Try downgrading the firmware a version. A lot of different devices are seeing the same issue on DNS resolving on the latest release. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Try downgrading the firmware a version. A lot of different devices are seeing the same issue on DNS resolving on the latest release. 

Message 2 of 6
proberts
Guide

I did recently do a Firmware upgrade before this problem started.  I will try that.  Thank you!

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

let me know how it goes!

Message 4 of 6
proberts
Guide

Going back to the previous firmware version seems to have solved the issue I was having.  Thanks for the help!

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Glad you got it working!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation