Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Invalid Access from Source

resmith04
Aspirant

Invalid Access from Source

I have recently had an issue where my router is rebooting at odd times in the day. I check the log file and see the entries below. I am wondering if someone is trying to break into my system and the router is defending or is something else potentially going on here.

[Access Control ] invalid access from source 14:59:C0:92:69:EF Monday, Jan 25,2021 13:36:22
[Access Control ] invalid access from source 60:F6:77:BF:19:B3 Monday, Jan 25,2021 13:36:22

I know the MAC beginning 60:F6 but the 14:59 is not on my network. I have access control enabled and know all of my devices. I also do not allow any new devices to gain access - would require me to add them to my network. I just recently upgraded the router's firmware and also noticed my router is not updating automatically even with the option enabled. I checked this 60:F6 system for any vulnerabilities that may have been overlooked but found nothing that jumped out at me. The reboot today sticks out as I have updated everything I can think of and may need to take steps to wipe the router and rebuild. Firware = V1.3.2.134_10.1.66 loaded on 1/24/21. Has anyone in the community seen anything like this or and advice that my help me here. Thanks...

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Invalid Access from Source

Has this continued to happen or is it at random times?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
resmith04
Aspirant

Re: Invalid Access from Source

It has occured at random times. I did a factory reset of the router this weekend and was good for about 1 day. I see 1 MAC in my log today with the same. I did a vulnerability scan and it has come back clean on my systems. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7