Re: Iphone / primary log-in device locked out of Access Control

Uhuru7
Follower

Iphone / primary log-in device locked out of Access Control

Hey everyone, I used my iPhone to establish my log-in's to my NightHawk router and while clicking around, I sort of unintentionally locked myself out of access control. My curiosity got the best of me, wondering how responsive the iPhone would be to blocking myself in access control, but was that dumb. Now I'm in an endless loop where my iPhone sees the router in iPhone settings but can only connect locally,

In the actual app, it won't move "searching for device"  in the app to allow me control of the router, an "issues connecting with NETGEAR***" and gives me the choice to try again, do a new system setup or connect remotely.

Connecting remotely doesn't do it, and trying again  does not work, I've been trying for hours. 

Please help.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
Lmjensen
Aspirant

Something happened to me last night.
Help
Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You will need to connect a PC or laptop via a wired connection to access the controls to Allow the Iphone to connect again.

https://kb.netgear.com/24830/How-do-I-use-access-control-to-allow-or-block-devices-from-accessing-th...

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
kunkthefunk
Aspirant

I didn't have to use a wired connection, I just used a wifi connection to log in to routerlogin.net

Log in with your admin username and PW and go to "Attached devices" and click the link on the top right that says "Access Control".

From there you can unblock your iphone. (set to "allow")

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E