• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Apprentice

Ipv6 Settings to Use

Out of nowhere my R7000 will the WAN address with Ipv6. Using Auto Detect and shows Dhcp. Also using Auto Config on bottom with Auto for Comcast DNS. Also using most up to date firmware that was released 4/2/2020. Used .42 firmware and also had the same problems. Is there something I need to fix or not use Auto Detect? Also using SB6183 modem. Thanks
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Prodigy

Re: Ipv6 Settings to Use

What you are discribing sounds normal to me. Got IP address and DNS server from ISP. 

What issues are you having? 

Modem CM1150V
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Master

I do not understand the question nor the problem

Routing: NETGEAR R7800 - Voxel Firmware 1.0.2.78SF
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Apprentice

Sorry typed too fast. Out of nowhere my R7000 will Lose the WAN address with Ipv6. Using Auto Detect and shows Dhcp. Also using Auto Config on bottom with Auto for Comcast DNS. Also using most up to date firmware that was released 4/2/2020. Used .42 firmware and also had the same problems. Is there something I need to fix or not use Auto Detect? Also using SB6183 modem. Thanks
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Tutor

I am just confirming that I could never get IPv6 to work reliably for more than two weeks with the R7000. This is after upgrading the firmware to the latest version and resetting the router.

As reliable Internet access is essential to me, I have kept IPv6 disabled.

As IPv6 works well for about two weeks and then power-cycling the router allows IPv6 to work well again for about two weeks, I assume that the problem is with the Netgear router, not my cable modem or Comcast.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Apprentice

Been about 2 weeks now did the Ipv6 Test this morning and nothing Detected with Ipv6. Went into ipv6 settings and again no WAN or LAN Address. I disabled for now. Definitely a Firmware issue with R7000
Message 6 of 6