× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is EX2800 WiFi Range Extender compatible with my NetGear Router model R6120

ETaylor10
Follower

Is EX2800 WiFi Range Extender compatible with my NetGear Router model R6120

Is EX2800 WiFi Range Extender compatible with my NetGear Router model R6120. 

Do you recommend a different product to get internet service in another room in my home?   Only 1100 sq ft, and I get a very poor internet signal in my dining room, separated from my home office by a hallway.  I am NOT computer savvy.  Please reply as in Dummy 101!  Thank you!

Model: R6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Is EX2800 WiFi Range Extender compatible with my NetGear Router model R6120

Will it work? sure

Will it make your wifi better? not enough info.

Reason I say that is a stsandard router should be able to cover 1100sq ft without issues. 

so if you're having issues, then you need to determine why. 

1. is it an intererence issue? try changing the wifi channels you're broadcasting on

2. is it a materials issue? what I mean is your home made of brick/concrete/adobe/plaster lathe/or some other materials that block wifi? If so, then adding an extender isn't always going to help. It potentially can but it isn't a for sure. 

3. Is it something in the walls blocking wifi? metal hvac is great at blocking wifi. Sometimes moving a router laterally can help with signal propagation. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: Is EX2800 WiFi Range Extender compatible with my NetGear Router model R6120

@ETaylor10 wrote:

Is EX2800 WiFi Range Extender compatible with my NetGear Router model R6120. 

No reason why it shouldn't work. Extenders should be able to connect to any router.

@ETaylor10 wrote:

Do you recommend a different product to get internet service in another room in my home?   Only 1100 sq ft, and I get a very poor internet signal in my dining room, separated from my home office by a hallway. 

Try plugging your needs into the filters on the product pages:

WiFi Range Extenders: Boost Your WiFi Range | NETGEAR

and

Orbi: Whole Home WiFi System for Better WiFi Everywhere | NETGEAR

But given the size of your property, Orbi is probably overkill.

Then check back here for reports on the things you are considering, but remember that people turn up in this community with problems, not compliments. So look at reviews on Amazon, for example.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7