Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is extender defective EX3110/AC750?

Mikelongview
Initiate

Is extender defective EX3110/AC750?

Problems seem to be:

Extender does not reconnect to router after power outage.

Extender loses name after power outage and reverts to prior name.

Does not connect to router through pressing WPS button on router, although Genie will make the connection.

Extender not visible on wifi network, although it is found if I manually enter SSID.

I have tried resets, and multiple locations relative to the router. The extender seems to work fine once I have set it up. But if there is a power glitch, I have to set it up again, including renaming it.

I am fast coming to the conclusion that the extender is defective. Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks.

Mike

Message 1 of 3

Re: Is extender defective EX3110/AC750?

@Mikelongview wrote:

Problems seem to be:

Extender does not reconnect to router after power outage.

Extender loses name after power outage and reverts to prior name.

Does not connect to router through pressing WPS button on router, although Genie will make the connection.

Extender not visible on wifi network, although it is found if I manually enter SSID.

Is this in wifi repeater mode or wired wifi access point mode?

Power cuts are a nuisance. When the juice comes back on devices can connect in the wrong order. You extender may come on too early for the router and/or modem that feeds the router.

It may help to reboot the whole network in the right order.

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the extender and wait for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 3
Mikelongview
Initiate

Re: Is extender defective EX3110/AC750?

Thanks for the quick response. Not sure about your setup question. I have the router, and I have the extender for the harder-to-reach spots.

Appreciate the links to the documentation, although I did not see anything in them to help explain the problems.

Also appreciate the suggestions on start-up order. Don't think that is a problem since the 'power interruption' I am talking about is when I unplug the extender from its set-up location close to the router to its point of use. It has then lost its ability to connect to the router, and it has lost the new name that I gave it.

I think it is toast! But many thanaks for the assistance.

Model: EX3110|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7