Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is it better to have two routers set up or just night hawk smart wi fi router?

ladyterry
Follower

Is it better to have two routers set up or just night hawk smart wi fi router?

I just bought a nighthawk ac2600 smart wifi router.I already had a belkin router set up.I was wondering if it is better to just have nighthawk conected to my inter net,or better to have two routers connected to my internet?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
IrvSp
Master

Re: Is it better to have two routers set up or just night hawk smart wi fi router?

@ladyterry wrote:

I just bought a nighthawk ac2600 smart wifi router.I already had a belkin router set up.I was wondering if it is better to just have nighthawk conected to my inter net,or better to have two routers connected to my internet?

Useless information. The question I have is what are you trying to do. Also ac2600 is a speed statement for the total of the bands possible speed. The R8000 is ac3200 so that is not what you bought or you specified what you bought above wrong.

A simple answer though, 2 routers connected to your ISP's modem? How would you do that? If you could, you'd have 2 networks.

Now I'm pretty sure that is what you want to ask?

I think you want to know is using one router good enough or should you make one an ACCESS POINT to enlarge the footprint of you wireless signal. If so, explain why you need to do this and the area of the space you want to cover?

If that isn't it, explain better what you want to know?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

Re: Is it better to have two routers set up or just night hawk smart wi fi router?

@ladyterry wrote:

Useless information. The question I have is what are you trying to do. Also ac2600 is a speed statement for the total of the bands possible speed. The R8000 is ac3200 so that is not what you bought or you specified what you bought above wrong.

A simple answer though, 2 routers connected to your ISP's modem? How would you do that? If you could, you'd have 2 networks.

Now I'm pretty sure that is what you want to ask?

I think you want to know is using one router good enough or should you make one an ACCESS POINT to enlarge the footprint of you wireless signal. If so, explain why you need to do this and the area of the space you want to cover?

If that isn't it, explain better what you want to know?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7