Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is it possible to login to my router os/file system? Model (AC3600) NightHawk X6S

Meghansuncle2
Aspirant

Is it possible to login to my router os/file system? Model (AC3600) NightHawk X6S

Is there any way to SSH into the router/file sysetm for my router?  I would like to be able to manipulate the way the router works, or is intended to work. 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Is it possible to login to my router os/file system? Model (AC3600) NightHawk X6S

It's neither intended nor supported. Many changes can disappear over uptime and almost certainly following a reboot due to the embedded system characteristics.

Some Netgear routers require a hack, other models offer the ability to enable a telnet access using /debug.htm  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: Is it possible to login to my router os/file system? Model (AC3600) NightHawk X6S

It's neither intended nor supported. Many changes can disappear over uptime and almost certainly following a reboot due to the embedded system characteristics.

Some Netgear routers require a hack, other models offer the ability to enable a telnet access using /debug.htm  

Message 2 of 5
Meghansuncle2
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply.  I will most certainly purchase another router that proides this capability.

Message 3 of 5
labatt
Mentor

Manufacturers of consumer grade routers do not want/like end users poking around and maybe trying to do some tweeking and breaking things then blaming the manufacturer. 

Have to go toward the commercial grade side for ease of ssh and looking/editing files. I can log into my router via ssh but not a Netgear. 

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@Meghansuncle2 wrote:

I will most certainly purchase another router that proides this capability.

An alternate approach would be looking for Open Source implementation - however there is not much around due to some limited open source driver support.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7