Is the Netgear Nighthawk R8000 Blocking Huawei Devices

chrisbradley
Tutor

Is the Netgear Nighthawk R8000 Blocking Huawei Devices

Has anyone had problems connecting Huawei devices to a network via a Netgear access point?

Normally, the Nighthawk is amazing but it seems to give "Network Access Denied" errors to the 3 Huawei devices that I has tried.

These devices connect to my ISP router and other brands of router with no problems. No other devices have this issue connecting to the Nighthawk.

The Nighthawk is running firmware V1.0.4.46_10.1.63 and is in AP mode with no MAC filtering anywhere on the network and is connected via Cat 6A to the ISP router.  I can connect for a short time using the WPS button but that is all.

The simple question is, are Huawei devices being blocked by Netgear for whatever reason?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
ChibaK
Aspirant

Re: Is the Netgear Nighthawk R8000 Blocking Huawei Devices

@chrisbradley wrote:

Has anyone had problems connecting Huawei devices to a network via a Netgear access point?

Normally, the Nighthawk is amazing but it seems to give "Network Access Denied" errors to the 3 Huawei devices that I has tried.

These devices connect to my ISP router and other brands of router with no problems. No other devices have this issue connecting to the Nighthawk.

The Nighthawk is running firmware V1.0.4.46_10.1.63 and is in AP mode with no MAC filtering anywhere on the network and is connected via Cat 6A to the ISP router.  I can connect for a short time using the WPS button but that is all.

The simple question is, are Huawei devices being blocked by Netgear for whatever reason?

I am having the same issues with connecting 2 of my Huawei cell phones on to Netgear Orbi.  It would "Connection Timed Out" on me. 

Did you ever resolve it?

Message 2 of 3
chrisbradley
Tutor

Re: Is the Netgear Nighthawk R8000 Blocking Huawei Devices

hi

it did get resolved a few days later after each device updated to EMUI 10 so I dont know if there is something in the Netgear that the Huawei didn't like or if there was something in the Huawei EMUI build that Netgear didn't like.

All 3 devices are GMS (i.e. have Google services) (2x P30 Lite and 1x P Smart) now work flawlessly on the network.

Maybe worth checking for updates to your devices and given the devices and router(s), swtiches etc a power cycle

the "connection timed out" message is quite common on android devices, ive seen it on my old LG G4 but see if updates, power cycles help.

Hope this helps

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E