Is the Netgear R7000 able to use a Verizon Hotspot (tether) instead of using a cable modem signal?

Angeldiaz215
Aspirant

Is the Netgear R7000 able to use a Verizon Hotspot (tether) instead of using a cable modem signal?

I am attempting to use my Verizon wireless Hotspot from my cell phone and connect to my R7000 router. I am attempting to use a wireless cellular signal instead of a wired cable modem connection. Is this possible? If so, can someone guide me in the right direction?
Message 1 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Is the Netgear R7000 able to use a Verizon Hotspot (tether) instead of using a cable modem signa

No

Message 2 of 8
Angeldiaz215
Aspirant

Re: Is the Netgear R7000 able to use a Verizon Hotspot (tether) instead of using a cable modem signa

II have heard there are/is a "repeater" / "bridge" function. Can anyone elaborate please? I have heard of people attempting and being successful with this attempt.
Message 3 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Rephrase the question then, If you want to bridge yes if you want to repeat yes, But you didn't ask that

you said "I am attempting to use a wireless cellular signal instead of a wired cable modem connection"

The routing when using as a bridge or repeat is done by the cell phone along with the DHCP function as well. Most phone hotspots allow a small number of client addresses.

Message 4 of 8
Angeldiaz215
Aspirant

Would you be able to show me how to set this up? and can you explain the difference between a bridge and a repeater? Also, which one of these would best fit my needs in order to do what I need it to do? Thank You!

Message 5 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Message 6 of 8
Angeldiaz215
Aspirant

Update....I was able to turn the router into bridge mode and now my network can see my 4TB wired USB Hard Drive and my two wired Eternet connections now have Internet running thru the router..... : ) .....Thanks again!
Message 7 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You're welcome!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements