Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issues getting page can't be displayed when clicking links from other pages.

macco455
Aspirant

Issues getting page can't be displayed when clicking links from other pages.

Hi,

Over the past few months I have been having lots of issue when clicking links inside the broswer to open other links. It more often than not will come up with this site can't be reached then it will refresh and usually go to the page but not always. When it doesn I manually refresh and that usually works. It is SUPER annoying . It has been getting worse with each firmware update it seems. It go so bad that I reset my router AND reimaged my laptop ith a fresh copy of WIndows 10. I know it is something in the router as I have tested it with and without the router in the same scenarios. WHen I direct connect totmy modem it works fine.

SO, does anyone know what could be causing this? I am guessing its something to do with DNS. Obviously all my cache is reset as well as all my settings when I reset windows and the router.Attached is the generic error I get. I have used Edge, Chrome and Firefox all act the same way

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks for your help

Marc

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
robjak
Luminary

Re: Issues getting page can't be displayed when clicking links from other pages.

Common gurus, you know Netgear screwed the DNS on their FW on or around July 28.   Why didnt you tell him that. 

They fixed it ~ mid Sept and still have not released new FW.  

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Issues getting page can't be displayed when clicking links from other pages.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 11
macco455
Aspirant

Model R7900 X6 AC3000

Firmware Version
V1.0.4.46_10.0.53

Modem:

Technicolor

Model: TC4400-AM

Came from cable company

Everything seemed to be working fine until the past few months, no hardware has changed in that time. ONly thing changed was firmware of router

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Is Armor enabled by chance on the router? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

I would power OFF the ISP modem for 1 minute then back ON.

Message 4 of 11
macco455
Aspirant

No armor

Yes to reset of router since last FW upgrade

alreayd powered off modem a few times as well as router since the last FW upgrade

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

If this was working before recent FW update, you may need to revert back to last working version of FW. 

Message 6 of 11
macco455
Aspirant

Impossible as I have no idea when it worked properly last and I am not willing to go back to far which will weaken the security of the router. It seemed that it jsut got gradually worse as the days went on. I can't imagine I am the only one with this issue

Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Well haven't seen others post about same issues. 

Try going back 1 version then. Doesn't mean you have to go back far. 

It be helpful for you to keep track of versions of FW that work and don't. 

Try taking the router off line and connect this same PC ethernet connected to the modem and see if the problem continues or not. 

Message 8 of 11
robjak
Luminary

Common gurus, you know Netgear screwed the DNS on their FW on or around July 28.   Why didnt you tell him that. 

They fixed it ~ mid Sept and still have not released new FW.  

Message 9 of 11
macco455
Aspirant

Now that makes sense. I had not heard that one but does coincide when it started getting worse. Thanks

And yes i have already bypassed the router and its fine hence the question in the netgear forum and not my cable modem forum 🙂

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Try going back 1 version then. Doesn't mean you have to go back far.

NG doesn't make it know if and when new FW updates are forth coming. We don't even get that information. If this is beyond forum help and support then you'll need to get in contact with NG support and let them know what your having problems with. 

Short term, you'll need to revert back FW or wait it out. 

Good Luck.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7