KeepSolid vpn unlimited and netgear x4s R7800

mtbphxnomad
Follower

KeepSolid vpn unlimited and netgear x4s R7800

My Asus Tmobile AC1900 router died. I'm regretting moving to netgear. I have KeepSolid VPN Unlimited running on my pc. I just want things to work properly. With the Asus, you plugged it in and off it went. 

I set up this R7800 router expecting it to perform better than the AC1900. Instead,

1. it buffers when I stream movies to my tv through videostream. (never had buffering with the Asus AC1900)

2. when I turn on the VPN Unlimited I am no longer able to log into the netgear router. I see a message that I am not connected to the interent even though sites still resolve. When I turn off the vpn, I am able to connect to the routerlogin. I never ran into this with the Asus product.

3.  I use UTorrent and when the VPN is turned on, my download speeds slow to a snails pace and when I turn off the VPN, they speed back up but I'm still getting nowhere the performance from the now defunct TMobile (Asus) AC1900. 

I chose the auto setup of the R7800. Did I miss something? Should I have set it up manually? It is on the most recent firmware. 1.0.2.60

I chose this router because it has only two channels and according to the reviews, it should be putting out better speed than my ac`1900

I just want to be able to run the vpn separately, like with the previous asus router and have faster transfer speeds.

Any help would be amazing. Thank you

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 2
microchip8
Master

Re: KeepSolid vpn unlimited and netgear x4s R7800

I suggest you return it and get another ASUS instead. NETGEAR routers have terrible VPN support

Routing: NETGEAR R7800 - Voxel Firmware 1.0.2.86SF & Kamoj addon
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400 - Cruncher: Intel Core i5-7400
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements