Highlighted
Aspirant

Kindle cannot find network on new R7000

I replaced my old router with the Nighthawk AC1900 - R7000 in June and all my devices are working fine except my Kindle. It has not been able to find the network at all since I got the Nighthawk. It finds my neighbors networks, but not my own. We have a Macbook Pro, 2 ipads and 2 iphones all working without an issue. What is it with this Kindle? I have tried restarting it, and I have also rebooted the router. What else can I try?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Kindle cannot find network on new R7000

Hi Zoomcat, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

How far is the kindle from the router when you scan for networks? 

Does issue happen on both bands (2.4GHz and 5GHz)? 

Is there an option on the Kindle to add a network. If so, please manually add the network and check if you can go online. Kindly temporarily enable Guest Network, set security to NONE and check if Kindle detects the network. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Zoomcat, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
Aspirant

I was not successful in connecting my Kindle to my Nighthawk router even when sitting right next to the router. I also tried it from other locations in the house. When I tried to do a manual setup on the Kindle it just says cannot connect. I have received no help from Kindle support either. I finally gave up and used my iphone hot spot in order to download my new purchases onto my Kindle. I have also not been able to connect my wireless printer, but that is a whole separate problem. 

Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Zoomcat, 

For isolation, can you please temporarily enable Guest Network and set security to NONE? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
Aspirant

I will look into that as soon as we get home from vacation next. We get back home on 7/15 and I will report back at that time.

Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Zoomcat, 

Please let me know how it goes. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Zoomcat, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Luminary

New firmware release, give it a try: http://kb.netgear.com/en_US/000059544/

Factoy reset after installation.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats