Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

LED Lights Behavior on Ethernet ports changed

JeffreyY
Guide

LED Lights Behavior on Ethernet ports changed

I have a desktop computer connection to one of the ethernet ports on my Nighthawk R6900P router.   Up until about a month or so ago when connected and online the port LED would be white & blinking, and when the computer was sleeping the port LED would be a solid amber.  Then I noticed that now when the computer is asleep the LED light is not on at all, which would indicate no connection.  Functionally or operationally, there is not an issue, I am just wondering why that changed.  

Was that perhaps part of a recent security update that turns off the connection to the router when the device is asleep? 

Thanks!

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

Re: LED Lights Behavior on Ethernet ports changed

Solid amber means the network chip is active at low Mbps. This is most likely for Wake-On-LAN purposes. If you have disabled WoL since then, then the chip will turn itself completely off hence why no LED is shining

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
microchip8
Master

Solid amber means the network chip is active at low Mbps. This is most likely for Wake-On-LAN purposes. If you have disabled WoL since then, then the chip will turn itself completely off hence why no LED is shining

Message 2 of 3
JeffreyY
Guide

That's it!!  Thank you! 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements