Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: LED Lights blink during power up ( assume self test) then Router goes dark no lights at all

cspaugh
Tutor

LED Lights blink during power up ( assume self test) then Router goes dark no lights at all

A couple days ago my internet went down and the culprit was my Nighthawk R8000. When I turn it on or off via the power button or unplug it and plug it back in the LED Lights blink during power up ( assume self test) then Router goes dark no lights at all. I have also tried different outlets just in case with no luck. Anyway I can determine if the issue is the router itself or the power supply without buying a new power supply for it? 

Note I have already a new Nighthawk AX4 and it is up and working plugged in to all the same cables etc.. Sadly the power supplies are different between it and the R8000. 

Message 1 of 3
cspaugh
Tutor

Re: LED Lights blink during power up ( assume self test) then Router goes dark no lights at all

I just want to add I did look through posts here and did not see exact symptoms in any of them. I also went through the user guide trouble shooting section which also did not discribe thie exact behavior. It mentions situations where the power light remains amber or all the LEDs remain on but not what I am seeing.. which again is on power on via any method the LEDs all blink in what looks like a normal self test start up pattern but then at the end they all go off. By all I mean there are 0 lights lit on the router. 

Message 2 of 3
cspaugh
Tutor

Seeing as I got no replys I will buy a new power supply and report back if that helped or not. If that does not work I will open the case and look for anything "unusual" 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7