Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: LED lights not working

JmJacob
Tutor

LED lights not working

I just set up my new Netgear R7800 as an access point, and it works completely fine, however, the all of the LED lights are off appart from the power LED.  I know there is an option to turn them off/on however, i have the "Enable blinking on Internet LED, LAN LED, Wireless LED and USB LED when data traffic is detected" button checked.  I tried restoring to factory defaults, which didnt change anything.  Any thoughts? Maybe its just a defective one?

Thanks!

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
VE6CGX
Master

That must be wish, in my experience with many different router from different vendor during review and testing time, I don't recall

such feature. I guess f/w can do such thing but personally that is low priority item among many issues to deal with. In my case if

I wanted something like that I'd attach some jury rigged circuit to the router to control the lights any way I want. You can make a

fearue request to NG, I guess.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
VE6CGX
Master

There is an option for that. Read the manual? Look at the back of the router?  I keep them off always. They are too bright In the

night flashing bright lights are distracting.

Message 2 of 5
JmJacob
Tutor

As I stated before, I have the option enabled, and I would rather have them on to tell me if I have Internet or not. It's in a closet so the lights won't bother me
Message 3 of 5
VE6CGX
Master

That must be wish, in my experience with many different router from different vendor during review and testing time, I don't recall

such feature. I guess f/w can do such thing but personally that is low priority item among many issues to deal with. In my case if

I wanted something like that I'd attach some jury rigged circuit to the router to control the lights any way I want. You can make a

fearue request to NG, I guess.

Message 4 of 5
JmJacob
Tutor

Well I based my question off of reading the supplied manual in the box.  I didnt know there was a full manual online.  In there I found that there is an LED switch on the back of the router on top of software controlled effects.  They both control the LEDs.

Thanks! Jacob

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7