Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

LG TV having audio gaps with downstreaming NetFlix or Amazon Prime

Boricua63
Tutor

LG TV having audio gaps with downstreaming NetFlix or Amazon Prime

R7000 

Firmware Version

V1.0.9.64_10.2.64

I am noticing audio gaps when viewing any video content when streaming from NetFlix or Prime.  No video gaps just audio.  The gaps last 1-3 secs and they are consistent.  I've tried enabling and disabling QoS options as well as WMM features under QOS Setup with no improvements.  The Samsumg Smart TV is 20 feet from the Router.  I have the latest firmware update installed.  Any other ideas or settings I should be looking at?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: LG TV having audio gaps with downstreaming NetFlix or Amazon Prime

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

@Boricua63 wrote:

R7000 

Firmware Version

V1.0.9.64_10.2.64

I am noticing audio gaps when viewing any video content when streaming from NetFlix or Prime.  No video gaps just audio.  The gaps last 1-3 secs and they are consistent.  I've tried enabling and disabling QoS options as well as WMM features under QOS Setup with no improvements.  The Samsumg Smart TV is 20 feet from the Router.  I have the latest firmware update installed.  Any other ideas or settings I should be looking at?  Thanks.

Audio takes much less bandwidth to stream than the video does by a significant margin. So if the video stream is working fine, it more than likely is something tv/audo related.

How is your tv setup for audo? 

Are you running a soundbar/receiver?

Can you change tv audio streams? some apps allow this, some you can change in the tv settings what audio format to put out. 

Have you tried uninstall/reinstalling the apps?

Message 2 of 5
Boricua63
Tutor

How is your tv setup for audio? -  Cable Box - HDMI; Smart TV - Soundbar and TV built-in speakers.

Are you running a soundbar/receiver? Yes

Can you change tv audio streams? some apps allow this, some you can change in the tv settings what audio format to put out. 

I tried this a couple of times. I think NetFlix can but not Prime.

Have you tried uninstall/reinstalling the apps? No, have not done this.  I can try this and see how it goes.  Thanks.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 5
Boricua63
Tutor

Hello.  I tried resetting the apps on the Samsung Smart TV and still had the audio delays in anything I downstreamed.  I did test a networked connected PC to the Smart TV and had no audio delays or drops.  It seems to be pointing to the WiFi bandwidth.  The router is 20 feet from the Smart TV.  Could there be a way of improving the connection speed within the router?  Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 4 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements