Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Laptop doesn't see external HDD on R8000

Kaveh300
Aspirant

Laptop doesn't see external HDD on R8000

I have an external Hard Drive Connected to my R8000 for the shared drive capability. I have my Desktop and my Laptop that use the drive, I upgraded both to Windows 10. Now my Laptop doesn't see the Hard Drive. I checked my Desktop and its still there and I can access it there, but on my laptop when I'm home, it doesn't see it. The only wayto access my hard drive from my laptop is to FTP into it, I tried disabling the firewall on my laptop but it didn't work. Is there a setting on my laptop I need to change on my laptop to get it working?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

@Kaveh300,

This is isolated as OS problem. Please try the following.

1. Disable antivirus and firewall. If it will not work proceed to 2.

2. Check if "Client for Microsoft Network" is enabled. If it is not then check no. 3.

3. Check for the "MICROSOFT 6to4 ADAPTER"

• Go to Control Panel
  • Device manager
  • Highlight Network Adapters
  • Click View
  • In the expanded view you will see a long list of numbered "MICROSOFT 6to4 ADAPTER". Right click and select "DELETE" until only one item remains.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi @Kaveh300,

Welcome to Community!

Please try to access the readyshare via the windows explorer. Open a folder or windows explorer then type on the address bar \\readyshare or the IP address of the router e.g. \\192.168.1.1 and check if you can access it. If yes, you may need to mount the drive again using the windows explorer so that it will appear again in your laptop.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Kaveh300
Aspirant

I'm able to connect to the router, but when I put the readyshare address it says windows cannot access with an errorr code 0x80070035. I should add that I am able to access the HDD with my desktop, but the laptop can't access it.

Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

@Kaveh300,

This is isolated as OS problem. Please try the following.

1. Disable antivirus and firewall. If it will not work proceed to 2.

2. Check if "Client for Microsoft Network" is enabled. If it is not then check no. 3.

3. Check for the "MICROSOFT 6to4 ADAPTER"

• Go to Control Panel
  • Device manager
  • Highlight Network Adapters
  • Click View
  • In the expanded view you will see a long list of numbered "MICROSOFT 6to4 ADAPTER". Right click and select "DELETE" until only one item remains.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 4 of 5
Kaveh300
Aspirant

Thanks, that got it working
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies