Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Laptops that can connect to Nighthawk x10 router

AliMazloum
Aspirant

Laptops that can connect to Nighthawk x10 router

I have a Nighthawk router that supports the 802.11ad technology. I was not able to find any laptop that has the same technology. Can anyone help me find any laptop that does support the 802.11ad network card? I have the router but searching for a laptop to connect to.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Laptops that can connect to Nighthawk x10 router

You won't find a current one as its abandoned technology. Again, you could use a usb adapter. 

https://www.amazon.com/Millitronic-MG360-Wireless-IEEE802-11ad-Network/dp/B07N81BQVN/ref=pd_lpo_1?pd...

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Wireless AD was a pretty much pointless technology. It allowed super fast speeds but only if you were right next to the router/in the same room. Its signal degraded quickly with any distance and it didn't have any penetration power. 

I don't know of a built in wireless card that provided the functionality. 

There was 1 aftermarket usb adapter that was made but its more expensive than getting an AX card and almost an AX router. 

If it was me, I'd simply get one that supports wireless AX and 6ghz for your next router to use. 

Message 2 of 5
AliMazloum
Aspirant

I know that this technology has a long road before it is adopted. However, I am interested in performing some research on this topic. I managed to get an AP that supports the technology. Now I am searching for a laptop that does support the same technology. Price should not be a problem as long as I can find such a laptop.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

You won't find a current one as its abandoned technology. Again, you could use a usb adapter. 

https://www.amazon.com/Millitronic-MG360-Wireless-IEEE802-11ad-Network/dp/B07N81BQVN/ref=pd_lpo_1?pd...

Message 4 of 5
AliMazloum
Aspirant

Thank you for your help.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements