Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Latest firmware breaks NAS setup

TechByter
Aspirant

Latest firmware breaks NAS setup

Previously I created this topic:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Will-the-latest-security-firmware-update-create...

Nobody responded, so I tried installing the new firware update and the NAS drive once again became unavailable. It seems that I am not permitted to update the topic I created, so I've started another topic to answer the previous post.

NAS drive is dead with firmware updateNAS drive is dead with firmware update

So I rolled back to version 1.0.3.67_165 and the drive is once again operational.

Why is it not possible for Netgear to create a firmware version that works with what would seem to be a very standard Seagate 2TB USB3 drive?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
TechByter
Aspirant

Thanks, Blanca.  That beta BIOS version was provided by support shortly after I bought the router because it wouldn't work with the Seagate 2TB hard drive and it was unclear where the fault was. Because of the VPNFilter threat, I have upgraded the router to a Netgear X10 and I found that it also does not work with the Seagate drive. Thus the fault was Seagate's. I've replaced the 2TB drive with a 4TB Western Digital drive and it performs properly, so the problem is solved.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi TechByter, 

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
TechByter
Aspirant

Thanks, Blanca.  That beta BIOS version was provided by support shortly after I bought the router because it wouldn't work with the Seagate 2TB hard drive and it was unclear where the fault was. Because of the VPNFilter threat, I have upgraded the router to a Netgear X10 and I found that it also does not work with the Seagate drive. Thus the fault was Seagate's. I've replaced the 2TB drive with a 4TB Western Digital drive and it performs properly, so the problem is solved.

Message 3 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi TechByter, 

Thank you for your feedback.  Glad that it's working now. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7