Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Login on night hawk ac1900

Silvertop007
Aspirant

Login on night hawk ac1900

Cannot access my router login page from iPad. It takes me too netgrear web site.

any answers?

Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
Silvertop007
Aspirant

Re: Login on night hawk ac1900

I used safari to log in to router login page. Instead of using www.router login.net .

I used http://192.168.1.1 it worked great! Thanks to everyone that tried to help.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 13

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

AC1900 is a wifi combined speed. Not a model #. What model router do you have?

Is this thru a web browser on the pad or using the Nighthawk app? 

Message 2 of 13
Silvertop007
Aspirant

It’s a R7000 and I’m trying to login on iPad safari not the app.

thanks

Message 3 of 13

@Silvertop007 wrote:

Cannot access my router login page from iPad. It takes me too netgrear web site.

Which website?

Login how from the iPad? With app? Or with the browser and the graphical user interface (GUI). Some people call the GUI a website. In reality is just the way that the controls are presented.

Message 4 of 13
Silvertop007
Aspirant

Trying to login to the router ‘admin password to check settings . When I enter ‘ www.routerlogin.net

it takes me to netgear home page.

Message 5 of 13
Silvertop007
Aspirant

I can access the router login from my iPhone and do what I want. When I use my iPad it takes me to the netgear home page. It’s crazy!

Message 6 of 13

@Silvertop007 wrote:

When I enter ‘ www.routerlogin.net it takes me to netgear home page.

Which address is that?

So far you haven't provided much detail on what you are doing.

Did you check the manual for references to safari?

"NETGEAR recommends that you enable password recovery if you change the password for the router user name admin. Then you can recover the password if it is forgotten. This recovery process is supported in Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome browsers, but not in the Safari browser."

That may be a bit out of date, the R7000 is, after all, more than five years old, but have you tried a different browser?

Message 7 of 13
Silvertop007
Aspirant

I used safari to log in to router login page. Instead of using www.router login.net .

I used http://192.168.1.1 it worked great! Thanks to everyone that tried to help.

Message 8 of 13

@Silvertop007 wrote:

I used http://192.168.1.1 it worked great!

Interesting. That can be a sign that you have something else on your network that messes around with turning typed URLs into meaningful IP addresses. That something can be a modem/router in front of the router.

We failed to ask you for details of your modem/gateway. Thanks for the reminder to check that.

Message 9 of 13
Silvertop007
Aspirant

I have a modem provided by my ISP which is spectrum.

Message 10 of 13

And that modem is? Your ISP must have supplied many different models over the years. They won't all be the same. The devil is in the details. 

Message 11 of 13
Silvertop007
Aspirant

Spectrum cable co. Replaced the main hub in the neighborhood, all is well.

Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7