Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Login over wifi different than login over cable

wat
Follower
Follower

Login over wifi different than login over cable

How come when I connect over cable I can login to the router's admin page with the admin account and password, but when I disconnect the cable and connect to it over wifi and try the same account and password, it says "invalid name or password"? Is there a different way to login over wifi? It shouldn't be, but I've tried this several times and cannot get in using wifi.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Kitsap
Master

Log in via ethernet, go to Advanced Setup -> Remote Management and verify it is turned on.  On my router the default value was off.

View solution in original post

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Kitsap
Master

Log in via ethernet, go to Advanced Setup -> Remote Management and verify it is turned on.  On my router the default value was off.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3

@wat wrote:

How come when I connect over cable I can login to the router's admin page with the admin account and password, but when I disconnect the cable and connect to it over wifi and try the same account and password, it says "invalid name or password"?

If you are referring to the browser interface to control the router, you need to login to the router's wifi before you can login to the router.

Do that first and you can get in with the usual address in your browser. Just confirmed that.

Remote access is different and will not affect this behaviour. It is for access away from your home network, when you are somewhere else and want to "call home". It requires the use of the mynetgear system.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7