Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Looking for a gbit wifi router nbn compatible ddwrt compatible

Huss79
Aspirant

Looking for a gbit wifi router nbn compatible ddwrt compatible

Hi I have HFC nbn I’m looking for a decent wifi router that’s compatible with ddwrt firmware so that I can install NordVPN my price range is up to $220 I would prefer 5Ghz with atleast 4 gbit Ethernet ports anyone have any advice for me on what to buy and we’re I might find it. It will be mainly used for streaming movies and downloading maybe 2-4 users Max.. looking to get the most out of my 100Mbps speeds. Thanks
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Huss79
Aspirant

I ended up going with Asusit doesn't need 3rd party software works straight out of the box.. Ty

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

I'd probably look at the R7800. in that price range, has the feautres you want, has 3rd party software (which these forums can't/won't help you with). 

Plus its been a fairly solid/reliable/good performing router imo. 

Message 2 of 8
myersw
Master

I agree with @plemans . 

The r7800 is probably the least screwed up firmware wise of the the Netgear line. Firmware on most others is just BAD, and seemingly no oversite. Other advantage is, as stated, you can run 3rd party on it should you want to go in that direction. 

Message 3 of 8
Huss79
Aspirant

will it be able to be flashed with ddwrt i know i wont get the help here which is fine i just want to make sure i can use that firmware on it before i go out and buy it

Message 4 of 8
plemans
Guru

Not to be evil but you have to do a little research on your own for 3rd party support.
https://dd-wrt.com/support/router-database/?model=R7800_v1
Message 5 of 8

Another R7800 fan boy here.

@plemans wrote:
Not to be evil but you have to do a little research on your own for 3rd party support.

It isn't evil to tell someone that it is a bit silly asking for advice here about alternative firmware. This is a Netgear community. While some people here are familiar with alternatives, genuine experts may be rare. And Netgear probably isn't keen to encourage such use. (It would break any warranty.) 

Message 6 of 8
Huss79
Aspirant

I ended up going with Asusit doesn't need 3rd party software works straight out of the box.. Ty
Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

Thanks? 

Hope it works well for you. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation