Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Looks like Nighthawk is abandoned

aetrcsom
Follower

Looks like Nighthawk is abandoned

To all who are curious. It seems Nighthawk is an abandoned product. I loved it when I first got it but recently I tried to activate their services so I could manage my router. It seems the app is unable to connect to their servers for anything other than taking the money for them as everything still shows up as trial and can't activate. I say this is abandoned because upon troubleshooting I see the issue has been around for a year and no progress or troubleshooting steps have been taken since.

I have installed the newest firmware, of which the old was newer than this issue, and I've cleared caches on the phone, confirmed the subscription as active, and reinstalled the app while it was inactive. I have an S21 ultra and an S10+ so compatibility isn't an issue and yet still no change.

While I understand there may be complications that are reasonable to create this situation, I believe that a patch to allow people to use their hardware without paywalls that can't be breached would be reasonable. Count all installs as purchased or update the firmware so the unit doesn't insist on going through the app. Something to show you accept the fault and plan to correct it once the problems have been sorted. In the mean time, everyone who is uninformed will continue to purchase the services of your product and be charged for a subscription that can't be supplied. I'm sure you're not trying to take peoples money for nothing so please do something to address the issue until it can be resolved properly.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Looks like Nighthawk is abandoned

You didn't really give us much to go off. 

1. what router do you have? (model)

2. what actual firmware version are you on?

3. you put you have an active subscription? If you do, then you need to go through support as this is the community forum where members of the public help out. With subscription services, actual support needs to fix issues. 

To get a hold of support for subscriptions services like Armor/Circle, click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process.
Click on: My Support---->Contact Support---->Get help with my subscription service

Message 2 of 4

Re: Looks like Nighthawk is abandoned

@aetrcsom wrote:

To all who are curious. It seems Nighthawk is an abandoned product.

Which "Nighthawk"? (There's a lot of them about.)

I tried to activate their services so I could manage my router.

Which services? Again, there are several.

It seems the app is unable to connect to their servers

Which app?

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Message 3 of 4
jrbc_
Aspirant

Re: Looks like Nighthawk App is abandoned

NIGHTHAWK APP and R7000 router.

Similar problem on my side, R7000 V1.0.11.134_10.2.119  firmware, unnable to login from my Nighthawk App from a Samsung S9 (SM-G960F).

After successful login into the App (2FA), while trying to logon with admin credentials to connet the router, an error message shows up similar to "idle time has been exceeded. Try again later. reboot your device".

Phone rebooted and Nighthawk App just reinstaled. Router firmware also recently instaled.

In the past I could connect to the router from the same Android phone.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7