Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Loose internal antenna connector R7000

LitoGeorge
Aspirant

Loose internal antenna connector R7000

My Nighthawk in otherwise great condition has its left hand (looking at it from the rear) internal connector loose. 

I am able to hold it and nothing else rattles inside when giving it a shake.

I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue (googled it, nada), and how to fix it if they have. Looks like one might be able to open her up, but I am uncertain how to.

Any help? Please?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
myersw
Master

Re: Loose internal antenna connector R7000

Solder is the best way to go IMHO. That is what I wold do. This is just ground pads so no real connection to worry about. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
myersw
Master

When you say internal connector loose are you saying the wire from the antenna to the circuit board is loose? If so only way to fix is to pop open the case, which will VOID the warrenty if you still have one, and if you still have warrently call Netgear for RMA. 

Case is easy to open, just flip it over and start taking out screws. There will be one under a label that has to come out. Their way of telling if you opened the cover. There are some guides about using a serial connection to recover the r7000, but I think all of them assume you can turn it over figure out the screws. 

Message 2 of 4
LitoGeorge
Aspirant

Message 3 of 4
myersw
Master

Solder is the best way to go IMHO. That is what I wold do. This is just ground pads so no real connection to worry about. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7