Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Loss of Wifi Netgear 45 but not Netgear 45-5G on Nighthawk R7000

Xottle
Aspirant

Loss of Wifi Netgear 45 but not Netgear 45-5G on Nighthawk R7000

After a recent firmware update (Sept. 2019) I cannot get connected to my regular Band, Netgear 45. My iPhone shows it is connected in the settings, but there are no wifi bands at the top fo the screen (and I am not connected). However, I can connect to the Netgear45-5G band and have Internet, until recently, when using the Netgear app, I switched to Smart WIFI. Now I cannot connec to wifi at all and the 45-5G band is no longer available. I reset the router several times and reset the Spectrum modem it is connected to. My Netgear app is no help unless I connect using wifi. What to do? In addition, my desktop iMac connectsw to the Netgear45 band and has Internet access. (??)

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Xottle
Aspirant

Re: Loss of Wifi Netgear 45 but not Netgear 45-5G on Nighthawk R7000

This turned out to be an iphone problem. My VPN app (IPVanish) was causing the iphone's vpn interface to toggle on and off constantly and that somehow interrupted wifi connectivity. I turned off IPVanish Connec On Demand button and now have wifi.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Xottle
Aspirant

Re: Loss of Wifi Netgear 45 but not Netgear 45-5G on Nighthawk R7000

This turned out to be an iphone problem. My VPN app (IPVanish) was causing the iphone's vpn interface to toggle on and off constantly and that somehow interrupted wifi connectivity. I turned off IPVanish Connec On Demand button and now have wifi.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7