Loss of Wireless on R6700v2

cbf29
Aspirant

Loss of Wireless on R6700v2

My router is telling me that I have a good wireless signal, but the 4 wireless devices in my house are telling me otherwise. One morning, we simply didn't have wireless after it had been connected to everything in the house.  I went through the usual fixes (reboot, factory reset, the Netgear Genie, etc.), but nothing helped. All of the lights on the front are white and lit how they are supposed to be. My wired Internet works fine. I did find that, in the security section of the Genie, my wireless had somehow been marked as blocked for every day of the week, but I changed that, too. Any ideas on what else to do? I was even willing to shell out the $50 through phone support but it was a joke--I got bounced around by two separate people who said I was connected to the wrong place, and this was after one connected me to the other. Then I got to listen to music for 10 more minutes before I stopped.  

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Loss of Wireless on R6700v2

Under the security tab you can not change any of those settings?  Have you tried on a different web browser?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
cbf29
Aspirant

Sorry if my writing was unclear: I was able to change the security settings back from when they were inexplicably set to having the wi-fi blocked all day, every day, but this changed nothing. All of those boxes are now unchecked. 

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You may want to try and reflash the firmware on the unit see if that resolves anything.

https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-to-my-NETGEAR-router

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E