Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Loss of signal after short power outage

Blaggycat
Follower

Loss of signal after short power outage

Info: I use wifi6 to stream, about 15ft away from router through the floor. Modem, computer, and router are all plugged into surge protectors.

Couple of days ago while I was streaming a 1-2 second power outage occured. Only lost connection for about 5-10 seconds and it was reastablished. However, ever since that event, I randomly get bad signal for a second every 20-30 minutes. When I try to stream I get frames dropped due to network a WHOLE lot more than before the power outage occured. I'm thinking about running an ethernet cable through the walls to the second floor to test if that will do any good. Anything else I can do? How do I test network connectivity over long periods of time?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Loss of signal after short power outage

Try reinstalling the firmware to the router, then do a factory reset and new install. If the power surge corrupted something this not only overwrites the firmware but clears out settings that could be corrupt. 

Also, have you tried simply moving something to where the router is to test? maybe the power surge caused issues with the modem/gateway? You can always hardwire into the modem/gateway and test it. 

what modem is it? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7