Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Lost connection to 50hz network

Lost connection to 50hz network

Had a similar issue quite a while back, but it 'healed' itself.  Unsure whether to start a new discussion or find and continue the previous one.

R7000 router with windows 11

I have two networks -2.4ghz which I'll, rather uncreatively, call Network24 and a 5.0ghz I'll call Network50.  Network24 works perfectly.

The problem is I can get NO devices to connect to Network50.  Adding a new device to Network50 finds no such network.  Using my Android phone, Network50 doesn't show in Settings on a list of Networks.    On Android Wifi Manager, I show 4 Network50 networks - all showing a a channel of '?.'  Before this recent loss of Network50, I could 'see' and connect to Network50 using channel 153, BUT, also 4 more Network50's all with a channel of '?.'

Both networks use WPA2-PSK.  Network24 uses channel 10.  Network50 uses 153.  What are the 'bonus' Network50 listings and how do I remove them?  How do I regain the ability to use Network50?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

@required_alias wrote:

version V1.0.11.126_10.2.112. No notice of more recent updates:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/New-R7000P-Firmware-Version-1-3-3-148-Releas...

Modem - Arris CMB20A
APs What is the brand and model# of these APs?  Turn OFF these APs for now and just work with the router for now. 

Set Network50 to Channel 40.
Network24 is set to channel 10< this should be channels 1, 6 or 11.
Neighbor wifi that show on Android setings is 4.
Maybe I'm reading your security suggestion wrong. I don't have a choice of "WPA2/AES Only."

Your last suggestion > "Try enabling Beamforming, WMM and MIMO(MIMO may or may not be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings" I'm completely lost. <Are these options seen at this location? 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Try channel 1 and 40 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

What security modes are you using? WPA2/AES Only is best.

Try enabling Beamforming, WMM and MIMO(MIMO may or may not be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 6

version V1.0.11.126_10.2.112. No notice of more recent updates
Modem - Arris CMB20A
APs
Network24 is set to channel 10
Maybe I'm reading your security suggestion wrong. I don't have a choice of "WPA2/AES Only."

Your last suggestion > "Try enabling Beamforming, WMM and MIMO(MIMO may or may not be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings" I'm completely lost.

Message 3 of 6

Forgot to mention.  I have two APs cabled to the router.

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

@required_alias wrote:

version V1.0.11.126_10.2.112. No notice of more recent updates:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/New-R7000P-Firmware-Version-1-3-3-148-Releas...

Modem - Arris CMB20A
APs What is the brand and model# of these APs?  Turn OFF these APs for now and just work with the router for now. 

Network24 is set to channel 10< this should be channels 1, 6 or 11.

Your last suggestion > "Try enabling Beamforming, WMM and MIMO(MIMO may or may not be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings" I'm completely lost. <Are these options seen at this location? 

Message 5 of 6

Beamforming is enabled.

Can't find WMM or MIMO

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7