Lost password, no recovery option set

bhaarlem
Aspirant

Lost password, no recovery option set

I have lost the password and do not have password recovery enabled and I do need access again. What are my options? Is there a reset option to get back to factory default and default login credentials?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Lost password, no recovery option set

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router?

Before doing so - ensure you have any data potentially required to re-establish the Internet connection (e.g. ISP username and password)!

Message 2 of 4
bhaarlem
Aspirant

I performed the reset to factory default. I then tried to set the router up again as instructed. I connected to the SSID NETGEAR63 as stated on the back of the router and visible in my network. This network however did not connect to the internet. I got to the router screen which sayd it was updating settings. After a while though, it ended with an error stating I had no internet. I also tried manualy to go to www.routerlogin.net but that did nog get me the expected login screen to the router.

The router is not directly connected to the internet but is connected to the cable modem provided by my ISP. This is the way I have used this router for over 2 years.

What am I doing wrong?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
NETGEAR Moderator

Try to put in 192.168.1.1 in your web browser and seed if that brings up the router login.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements