Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lost username and password. Model R7000

ashrafahmed
Follower

Lost username and password. Model R7000

I lost my router username and password. i can't sign in. Default username admin and password didn't work. 

Please help me. How can I recover my router username and password.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
microchip8
Master

Re: Lost username and password. Model R7000

Only way it to do a factory reset at the back of the router there's a Reset button.

Message 2 of 3

Re: Lost username and password. Model R7000

@microchip8 wrote:

Only way it to do a factory reset at the back of the router there's a Reset button.

Unless you set up password recovery and can remember the details you entered. But even that has problems.

If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process. If you haven't already given the thing your personal answers, they are not in its memory and it has no way of knowing if they are correct.

As @microchip8 says, if the standard factory password (password) does not work, then you will have to factory reset the thing to get back to that. Then either disable password recovery (check the manual for your device) or provide some memorable answers to those questions.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7