Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lost wired connections after setting up SMART CONNECT

pt2v
Aspirant

Lost wired connections after setting up SMART CONNECT

My wired connections which were all working previously stopped working after setting up SMART CONNECT.

Before, I had 4 wired connections, my primary laptop, 2 printers and a Cisco SPA112 2-port phone adapter.  Only the connection for the SPA112 is now showing.  All other wired connections have stopped working altogether.

I have rebooted the Nighthawk router but the result did not change.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
pt2v
Aspirant

Re: Lost wired connections after setting up SMART CONNECT

Well...

Thanks to those of you who answered. I used all that was suggested and here's what happened.  First, I turned off SMART-CONNECT to see what would happen and there was no change.

What I forgot to mention in the original message was that I had changed the password and SSID at the same time I activated SMART-CONNECT.  When I attempted to change the password back to the original, I must have typed one of the characters incorrectly as I was then completely locked out, which forced the need for a reset to factory settings.  I followed that by re-seating my patch cables and found that coincidentally, one of the tabs was broken off of a cable end and it was loose.  Correcting these problem solved everything.

Lessons learned:

1. Start with making and testing one change at a time instead of all at once.
2. Look for the obvious.  With one wired device working and all the others not, the apparent answer had to be a cabling issue.

Sorry to have inconvienced the Community with something that could have been investigated more thoroughly, but thanks so much.  The responses helped me put away the frustration and come to an eventual resolution.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies

Odd. Difficult to see how a wireless setting can mess with wired connections.

Have you tried turning off SMART CONNECT to see what happens?

What do the LAN LED lights look like?

Message 2 of 4
IrvSp
Master

What Firmware do you have? V1.0.4.28_10.1.54 or an earlier one?

V1.0.4.28_10.1.54 did change the Smart Connect operation to be Tri-Channnel, but I also don't see how that would effect the wired operation?

Did you change the f/w at the same time this happened? If so, a reboot is not going to fix it, only a RESET with manually resetting the setting will help.

Also, if you change the cable to the port locations, is it only one that shows or one that is in a specific port only?

Could have a corrupted Firmware load, might try re-loading it?

Message 3 of 4
pt2v
Aspirant

Well...

Thanks to those of you who answered. I used all that was suggested and here's what happened.  First, I turned off SMART-CONNECT to see what would happen and there was no change.

What I forgot to mention in the original message was that I had changed the password and SSID at the same time I activated SMART-CONNECT.  When I attempted to change the password back to the original, I must have typed one of the characters incorrectly as I was then completely locked out, which forced the need for a reset to factory settings.  I followed that by re-seating my patch cables and found that coincidentally, one of the tabs was broken off of a cable end and it was loose.  Correcting these problem solved everything.

Lessons learned:

1. Start with making and testing one change at a time instead of all at once.
2. Look for the obvious.  With one wired device working and all the others not, the apparent answer had to be a cabling issue.

Sorry to have inconvienced the Community with something that could have been investigated more thoroughly, but thanks so much.  The responses helped me put away the frustration and come to an eventual resolution.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7