• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

Low Ethernet Throughput

My throughput with this router is less than 200Mbps even though I'm on AT&T's Gigabit fiber.  Connecting direct through the AT&T router I routinely get 900+Mbps.

I've just updated the FW to V1.0.4.78_10.0.55, reverted to factory settings and then reconfigured.  Previous versions have better performance but I don't think I've ever gotten above ~500Mbs through this router.   I'm testing with Ookla and Speakeasy - both giving me similar results. 

Any hints as to how to solve this besides buying new HW?  Thanks!

FYI: it is V2 of the R6400 - not given that option when entering hardware info.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Master

Re: Low Ethernet Throughput

Thanks for providing firmware upgrade.

When you say 200Mbps throughput is this via wireless? If so have you tried with a PC connected via Ethernet? If so is it better? Keep in mind that 200Mbps maybe all the wireless client can handle. Wireless clients vary as to what speeds they can handle. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

Ethernet (it is in the title)

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Master

@insfnds 

Forehead slap. Smiley Wink

Since you have already done the reset and reconfigure steps I do not have anything to offer other then do back to previous firmware that was working. Netgear is not known for their quality firmware for the past year and they do not seem to be improving. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

I rolled the FW back to V1.0.2.62_10.0.46 and now can get ~500Mbps both ways.

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Master

@insfnds wrote:

I rolled the FW back to V1.0.2.62_10.0.46 and now can get ~500Mbps both ways.

While much better, but would expect better on a PC that is Ethernet connected to router, like you say you are. If wireless this would be a great speed. 

After you did the backlevel of the firmware did you do a reset and reconfigure? Don't use a backup config as that just puts things back to the failling state. 

--Bill
Tesla > Edison
Message 6 of 6