Low Wifi signal R8000p

bmicajah77
Follower

Low Wifi signal R8000p

I just changed my internet provider, bought a new modem and wifi router (r8000p). I am receiving over my 500mps out of the modem (600 range). However, I am only receiving 200mps through my wifi. Any thoughts as to why I have such a drastic drop in signal between what is going in to my router and what I'm receiving to my devices... Yes, my devices are able to process the needed 500 or more mps.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
IrvSp
Master

Re: Low Wifi signal R8000p

There is a lot of information missing here? Hard to determine what or why?

@bmicajah77 wrote:

I just changed my internet provider, bought a new modem and wifi router (r8000p). I am receiving over my 500mps out of the modem (600 range). However, I am only receiving 200mps through my wifi.

What does a WIRED connection get? How do you know you are getting 500Mbps? How do you know you are getting 200Mbps? What is the modem used? What is the wifi device?

@bmicajah77 wrote:

Any thoughts as to why I have such a drastic drop in signal between what is going in to my router and what I'm receiving to my devices...

What Router settings did you make? QoS? Traffic Meter? VPN? Parental Controls? Smart Connect? Security? Channels? DNS?

@bmicajah77 wrote:

Yes, my devices are able to process the needed 500 or more mps.

How do you know this? What devices are they? What SSID frequency are they on? How far away from the router? Both Frequencies or only one tested? Channels on Auto? Have you tried all channels?

Need a lot more info to hazard a guess here, What did you have before (modem, router, ISP speed)?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E