Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: M60 Connection Weakness

edukehtoer
Aspirant

M60 Connection Weakness

I have a NightHawk mesh 6  system newly installed. (I cannot find technical specifications on the model list that match.)

The second satellite closest to the garage has a very weak signal on my security camera there. It's about 40 feet, just the next room really even though there's a 4' space between the garage in the house.

Is there any way I can strengthen the signal coming out of that second satellite?

Message 1 of 6

@edukehtoer wrote:

I have a NightHawk mesh 6  system newly installed. (I cannot find technical specifications on the model list that match.)

Possibly because the "M60" in your subject does not exist. Look at the label on the thing for the model number.

You might not even find that here because this can be section sensitive and you are in the wrong place for "NightHawk mesh 6".  That could be one of several things.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Mesh System - NETGEAR Communities

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 6
edukehtoer
Aspirant

Under technical specifications the box says AX1800 router and satellites. That doesn't seem to be on the list either. Under "box contents it says One Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Router (MR 60) the label that has the serial number the TA and the Mac doesn't have any kind of number that looks like a model designation.

I'll look up the paperwork but I was hoping that somebody just might be able to tell me why I'm not getting a good signal in the garage other than the Faraday effect. Unlike some of you who understand these machines better, there are those of us who will never be able to decipher complex technical instructions. Although much of it is easy some of it might as well be Greek.

Message 3 of 6

@edukehtoer wrote:

Under technical specifications the box says AX1800 router and satellites. That doesn't seem to be on the list either. Under "box contents and says One Mesh Wi-Fi 6 router MR 60" the label that has the serial number the TA and the Mac doesn't have any kind of number that looks like it's a model.

Try the label on the thing. Something like this:

model number

My guess is the MK62 bundle, MR60 plus MS60. Your subject says M60.

Best discussed here:

Nighthawk Mesh System - NETGEAR Communities

Message 4 of 6
edukehtoer
Aspirant

Thank you Michael I will look at that article. This is the label on the router. Both satellites have labels exactly like this one

thumbnail.jpeg

Message 5 of 6

@edukehtoer wrote:

Thank you Michael I will look at that article. This is the label on the router. Both satellites have labels exactly like this one

It may be some time before the images land. To ensure that you aren't posting anything naughty, a Netgear moderator has to approve the pictures.

You can attach images to messages without any delay.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7