Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MAC Address Filtering By Schedule

Deathsightgq
Aspirant

MAC Address Filtering By Schedule

How can I make sure my kids dont get on at a certain time my old router which was the one provided by my ISP I was able to do this I want to set it up that at 9pm internet for that mac address is blocked

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JohnoB
Guide

Re: MAC Address Filtering By Schedule

Hi,

I have just finshed sorting this out on my R8000.  The process is a bit confusing but follow what I did as per below and all should be good.

Youy basically need to assign a static IP address to each device.

1st thing that you need to do is disccover the MAC access of each device.  Do this by going to Advanced -> Security -> Access Control.  Here you will see a list of devices that are or have been attached to the network.  You will need to record the device name and its MAC address.   Just copy and paste to word.

Then go to LAN setup and add Address reservations for each device.  Set a static IP address then paste in the MAC address and device name.  Do this for all devices.  Something that I did here is used IP addresses x.x.x.10 to x.x.x.19 for the devices that I wanted the schedule to apply to and from x.x.x.20 -> up for the devices that I did not want the schedule to apply to.

Then navigate to Security -> Block Services.  Add a Per Schedule of All for IP Address Range from x.x.x.2 to x.x.x.19 (as per my example).  I have used from x.x.x.2 to x.x.x.19 to capture any new DHCP devices to the schedule that dont get a static IP address.  Then go to schedule and set the day and time parameters that you want.  Only the devices in the address range nominated in the block services range will be blocked leaving the parents devices free.

One thing I need is an option to set a second schedule time frame to cover multiple times of the day as on or off hours.

John.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
clithes
Prodigy

What router do you have?

Message 2 of 5
JohnoB
Guide

Hi,

I have just finshed sorting this out on my R8000.  The process is a bit confusing but follow what I did as per below and all should be good.

Youy basically need to assign a static IP address to each device.

1st thing that you need to do is disccover the MAC access of each device.  Do this by going to Advanced -> Security -> Access Control.  Here you will see a list of devices that are or have been attached to the network.  You will need to record the device name and its MAC address.   Just copy and paste to word.

Then go to LAN setup and add Address reservations for each device.  Set a static IP address then paste in the MAC address and device name.  Do this for all devices.  Something that I did here is used IP addresses x.x.x.10 to x.x.x.19 for the devices that I wanted the schedule to apply to and from x.x.x.20 -> up for the devices that I did not want the schedule to apply to.

Then navigate to Security -> Block Services.  Add a Per Schedule of All for IP Address Range from x.x.x.2 to x.x.x.19 (as per my example).  I have used from x.x.x.2 to x.x.x.19 to capture any new DHCP devices to the schedule that dont get a static IP address.  Then go to schedule and set the day and time parameters that you want.  Only the devices in the address range nominated in the block services range will be blocked leaving the parents devices free.

One thing I need is an option to set a second schedule time frame to cover multiple times of the day as on or off hours.

John.

Message 3 of 5
Deathsightgq
Aspirant

I have the R7000

Message 4 of 5
GLO
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, I will try this on my R7000.