Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MFG Date

theshield
Guide

MFG Date

Hello to all you GREAT Americans,  I have not given any thought to this point before , but just realized Netgear no longer gives support in any form including security and firmware updates three years after last manufacturing date .

? of the day, How, can the last MFG date be known . Netgear , only lists the models that have alredy expired they do not give any option for checking the last date of MFG .  I was considering buying the latest router , but at $ 600.00 and only security and firmware support for 3 years after last MFG date , this is rediculous . I would be more at ease if the date was 3 to 5 years after the last date of MFG . Please , inform me if I have missed something entirely .

Thank You

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router, R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: MFG Date

@theshield wrote:

Hello to all you GREAT Americans,  I have not given any thought to this point before , but just realized Netgear no longer gives support in any form including security and firmware updates three years after last manufacturing date .

This is not my experience. Do you have  a particular model in mind?

If it is the R6400 in your footer, then the newest firmware is dated 15th March 2021.

That's something like six years after the initial release, with no sign of updates ending.

The V2 hardware is also around five years old, suggesting that the R6400 might have been "EOL" by then.

Some really ancient devices also get occasional updates.

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

I'd agree with @michaelkenward in that I'm not sure where you got your info from.

Look at the R7000. Originally manufactured in 2013 and still getting updates. (even though many have issues with them)

Message 3 of 4

@plemans wrote:

I'd agree with @michaelkenward in that I'm not sure where you got your info from.

Look at the R7000. Originally manufactured in 2013 and still getting updates. (even though many have issues with them)

But, despite the arrival of the R7000P, you can still buy a new R7000. So it is not EOL.

How do you find the MFG Date on these things?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7