Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR60 horrible unstable connection

FrustratedMR60
Follower

MR60 horrible unstable connection

I have been using a Nighthawk MR60 for about 8 months now. The connection has never been stable. The devices pick up the main router across the house rather than the satellite sitting directly next to it. The connection is slow. The connections drop. I often just turn off my WiFi and use my LTE plan to watch movies due to the speed. I had made some basic changes to the settings recommended by this forum before the firmware update. Now the update happened and the connections are worse than ever. I can’t buy support through the Nighthawk app (no idea why). I can’t call a customer service number. I can’t open a case because my complimentary service agreement is expired but I can’t buy a new one. A third party wants $90 for support for 6mos on a $350 system. HOW DO I FIND HELP? Any ideas aside from throwing this junk in the front yard. I expected far more from Netgear both in initial setup and simple ongoing service . Any ideas are appreciated.
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: MR60 horrible unstable connection

Hello,

Welcome to the community! May you try reverting to the previous firmware version and let us know how it turns out. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7