Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MR80 stopped working

Akseiner
Follower

MR80 stopped working

Surprise, it won’t let me put the model number in but it’s an MR 80 with two satellites.

Purchased in May, everything worked until last night when my netgear armor expired.

Today the base unit LED is flashing a short white followed by long white flash.

I’ve power cycled the unit. I’ve gone through the initial setup. I’ve tried resetting the base unit, all to no avail.

The satellites are showing the Orange or amber led light.

I’ve tried resetting everything with satellites unplugged. I’ve power cycled my internet modem with everything disconnected.

I no longer see my netgear network in available WiFi connections.

Am I missing something or did this thing just die on me? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
James
Message 1 of 2

Re: MR80 stopped working

@Akseiner wrote:

Today the base unit LED is flashing a short white followed by long white flash.

The manual (see below) suggests various reasons why that LED flashes white.

There is a modem of some sort in front of this router? If so, what is it?

@Akseiner wrote:
Surprise, it won’t let me put the model number in but it’s an MR 80 with two satellites.

Netgear's database is usually out of date. It may Also recognise that the MR80 is not one of the Nighthawk WiFi Routers covered in this section.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Mesh System - NETGEAR Communities

Those things are different from the standard Netgear routers covered in this section.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7