Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MY router won't allow Wyze camera R6900p Nighthawk

dennisoates
Guide

MY router won't allow Wyze camera R6900p Nighthawk

I have 5 Wyze cameras, 2 wyze outlets, and two Nest Devices all were added with no problem to the router.

But now it is refusing to allow me to add another Camera, I get message from Wyze camera, cannot find specified network.

I have rebooted router and modem,did hard reset on camera, and still wont connect.

When i take the camera to neighbors house, it connects to router immediatly.

I have chosen the 2.4 network.

What settting could there be on the router that is stopping this from connecting?

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: MY router won't allow Wyze camera R6900p Nighthawk

So 5 other wyze cameras connect without issues but you think something in the router is stopping a 6th from connecting? 

Have you checked with wyze? If none of them had connected, I'd be more thinking it could be a router issue but when all but 1 connection, I'm more thinking its a wyze/account issue with them. 

Message 2 of 7
dennisoates
Guide

I thought so too, but took camera to neighbors house and it was added with no problem to his router.

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

again, check with wyze. 

How many total wireless devices do you have on the 1 channel? 

https://kb.netgear.com/24043/How-many-clients-can-you-connect-wirelessly-to-a-NETGEAR-router

Message 4 of 7
dennisoates
Guide

12 devices, and 32 are allowed,

wyze tech support  is not very helpful, 

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

They're not. 

If you try to activate it through a different device (phone/tablet) on your network, what happens? 

Something else to try? Shut down your current router and camers and turn the hotspot on on a phone. Use the same ssid/password as the primary router. Then use a different phone to setup the wyze. Once its setup, power off your hotspot and turn the router back on. maybe it'll auto connect to the router and work.  

Message 6 of 7
dennisoates
Guide

Hmmmm, i will try this later today, thanks

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements