Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MacBook Pro says I'm connected to the internet and lists an IP address, but No Internet Connection.

pdgraham940
Aspirant

MacBook Pro says I'm connected to the internet and lists an IP address, but No Internet Connection.

Firmware V1.0.4.76_10.1.82 just installed with Nighthawk app.

The status bar on my MacBook Pro shows a strong signal. The Network Preferences says "Wi-Fi is connected to NETGEAR35-5G-1 and has the IP address 192.168.1.2." But when I try to access Internet it says I'm not connected to the Internet. Sometimes I will get a page but other times the message that I have no connection. 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: MacBook Pro says I'm connected to the internet and lists an IP address, but No Internet Connecti

1. what modem/gateway is the router connected to? 

2. does it do it for all the bands? 
3. is any other device having issues or just the mac book?

Message 2 of 4
pdgraham940
Aspirant

Re: MacBook Pro says I'm connected to the internet and lists an IP address, but No Internet Connecti

I'm away from the wifi site so....

1. Modem was supplied by Hughes Net.

2. It occurs on all bands.

3. It occurs on all devices.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Hughes net supplies gateways with their own integrated routers. It causes a double nat. 

A double nat happens when you cascade more than 1 router.
https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Fixes? There’s 3 options but only use 1.
1. Put the modem/gateway in modem only/pass through mode. This disables its routing functions. Not sure if the hughes net gateway supports this. 
2. Leave the modem/gateway in router mode but put the Netgears IP address into its DMZ. This forwards the data to the netgear. You can either leave the modem/gateway’s wireless enabled or disabled. Just make sure its using a different wifi channel to prevent interference
3. Put the Netgear into access point mode. This disables its routing functions. Wifi/ethernet still works but it does disable some features.
https://kb.netgear.com/26765/Which-features-are-disabled-on-my-NETGEAR-router-when-it-is-set-to-AP-M...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7