Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Magic Jack dropping calls.

Jim4830
Aspirant

Magic Jack dropping calls.

I have a Magic Jack Home (VOIP) connected to a R6220 and I am experiencing dropped calls at random times.  I have a Surboard SB6183 cable modem connecting the R6221 to Comcast.  Many are having this problem with many routers.  Magic Jack technical support says to have Comcast open ports 5060 and 5070.  Comcast doesn't want to do anything.  I believe I can open ports by Port Forwarding/Port Triggering which I have attempted.  As per instructions from another Magic Jack representative, I have Port Forwarded 5060, 5070, 49152 and 65525 by adding Custom Service and had to label them MagicJack1,2,3,4 to get them to take.  I use the same IP address for the Magic Jack in all 4.  I am still getting dropped calls.  Does this make any sense?  On the same Port Forwarding page I have selected Service Name IP Phone.  Does this designation imply a mode of operation or is the name arbitrary?  I have prepaid for 5 years of Magic Jack and its call blocking has eliminated all robo calls so I would like to figure this out.  Any help wouild be appreciated.

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Magic Jack dropping calls.

Message 2 of 4
Jim4830
Aspirant

I have had the SIP disabled for some time and I am still getting the called party (uplink) dropped.  They can hear me.  I have also "Address
Reserved" the MagicJack IP address.  Still calls are being dropped.  Thanks for the response.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

have you tried entering the magic jacks ip address into the netgears DMZ?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7